Tonight sees Orlando visit Charlotte with 19 games remaining for the Magic in the 2022-23 season. It will be the final meeting this season between the Hornets and the Magic.
The Orlando Magic
- Orlando have a 26-37 record and sit 13th in the Eastern Conference.
- Orlando score 110.7 points per game (28th of 30) and concede 113.7 points per game (17th of 30).
- The Magic are mid-table in many NBA statistics. They excel in getting to the free throw line. Turnovers, assists and three point shooting categories remain problematic.
- Last time out the Magic fought hard and played some good basketball in a blowout 117-139 loss on the road in Milwaukee.
- The Magic have won 5 of the last 10 games. In that time the team are in a sequence of win one, lose one.
- The road form is less than impressive, with only 11 wins in 32 games played.
The Charlotte Hornets
- The Hornets have a 20-44 record and currently 14th in the Eastern Conference.
- Charlotte had been on a 5 game winning streak, until playing Phoenix last time out. At home they lost 105-91.
- At home Charlotte have 11 wins of 31 games played.
- The Hornets score 112.3 points per game (23rd of 30th) and concede 118.2 points per game (27th of 30).
Squad And Injury News As Orlando Visit Charlotte
- Orlando list Jonathan Isaac as continuing to be out with a right hamstring injury.
- Orlando have no other injuries listed.
- Charlotte continue to have a significant absence. LaMelo Ball and Cody Martin are both confirmed as out. PJ Washington is doubtful.
- James Bouknight and Theo Malden both missed the Phoenix game on Wednesday night but were not on the latest Charlotte injury report.
What To Expect As Orlando Visit Charlotte With 19 Games Remaining
- With Ball out Charlotte are led in scoring by Terry Rozier (21.4) and Kelly Oubre Jr (19.4).
- Paolo Banchero continues to lead the Magic scorers with 19.7 points per game, followed by Franz Wagner (18.8), Wendell Carter Jr (15.1) and Markelle Fultz (13.4).
- Charlotte are a two-point shooting team. They are top 10 rated for blocks, steals and have the 10th fewest turnovers per game.
- As Charlotte’s defensive rating suggests they are susceptible to scoring in almost any area.
- Wendell Carter Jr will face a different contest at centre, going against Hornet’s rookie Mark Williams. Williams was a team mate of Paolo Banchero at Duke. The rookie Williams replaced previous first choice Centre Mason Plumlee after Plumlee was traded to the Clippers. Plumlee is a big piece to replace (being 6th in the NBA for total rebounds).
Head-To-Head With The Charlotte Hornets
- History is very tight in this matchup. The all time head-to-head record in the 117 regular season games played sees Charlotte lead by a single game at 58-59.
- This is the fourth and final meeting of the season. Having won once at home and on the road Orlando are leading 2-1.
- The last 10 meetings sees Charlotte having taken 6 wins, with 4 coming in Orlando.
- The teams have met twice in the playoffs. The record is 1-1 in series and 5-3 in games to Orlando. Charlotte were victorious in the 2002 first round meeting by a record of 1-3. On route to the Conference Final Orlando took a 4-0 win in the 2010 Eastern Conference first round playoff meeting.