As Orlando basketball resumes after the All-Star Break the Magic are home for the Pistons. This is a battle of two young talented teams.
The Orlando Magic
- Orlando sit 13th in the East with a 24-35 record.
- Orlando score 110.9 points per game (28th of 30) and concede 113.7 (16th of 30).
- Orlando are now 5-5 in their last 10 games. The home record is 14-15, whilst on the road it stands at 10-20.
- The Magic are 18th in the NBA for pace, with an offensive rating at 25th and are 17th in defence.
- Orlando played last on February 14th, losing in Toronto 113-123. Wendell Carter Jr led the team with 26 points.
The Detroit Pistons
- Detroit are 15th in the Eastern Conference, with a 15-44 record.
- Detroit score 112.3 points per game (25th of 30) and concede 119.9 (29th of 30)
- The Pistons have won 3 of their last 10 games. Their road record is 7-23.
- Detroit rank at 13th in pace, 26th on the offensive rating and 29th in the NBA’s defensive ratings.
- The Pistons last played on February 15th, losing by 109-127 in Boston. Bojan Bogdanovic scored 28 points.
Squad and Injury News
- Orlando waived RJ Hampton and he has now signed for….The Detroit Pistons. He could make his debut for them tonight.
- Caleb Houstan is on assignment to Lakeland Magic, as is Kevon Harris. Both are unavailable for Orlando tonight.
- Detroit have Marvin Bagley III doubtful, RJ Hampton is listed as day-to-day. Cade Cunningham, Nerlens Noel, Buddy Boeheim and Jared Rhoden are out.
What To Expect As The Magic Are Home For The Pistons
- The Pistons lead the NBA for free throws made (21.0) and attempted (27.1) per game.
- They crash the offensive glass, grabbing 10.9 offensive rebounds per game.
- Detroit rank top 10 in second chance points per game with 15.0 of them per outing.
- Pistons center Jalen Duren is leading all rookies in rebounding with 8.7 boards per game, 3.3 of them at the offensive end.
- With Cade Cunningham out assists for Detroit come from Killian Hayes and Jaden Ivey, combining for 10.4 per game.
- Bojan Bogdanovic leads their scoring with 21.8 points per game. He is shooting 40% from three.
- Orlando begin the season run in seeking growth. Standards have to improve, including reducing turnovers, controlling emotions and maintaining defensive focus.
- Rookie Of The Year favourite Paolo Banchero leads the Magic in scoring with 19.9 ppg (shooting 41.9%).
- Markelle Fultz leads Orlando in assists at 5.5 per game.
- Wendell Carter Jr is providing 15.4 points and leads the Magic with 8.5 rebounds per game.
- Franz Wagner is averaging 18.9 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.5 assists this season.
Head-To-Head – The Detroit Pistons
- This will be first meeting since the melee that saw 8 of the Magic squad suspended for leaving the bench. Perhaps there may be some ill feeling hanging over from the Moritz Wagner, Killian Hayes, Hamidou Diallo skirmish.
- It is the third meeting of the season, with Detroit being 2-0.
- Last season saw the series taken 3-1 by the Pistons.
- The Pistons have won the last 3 meetings and 10 of the last 15 played.
- The all time regular season head to head of 121 games sees the Pistons leading 51-70
- Of the 19 games in the playoffs the record is again in the Pistons favour by 7-12. The Pistons took 3 of the 4 series played, most recently the 2008 Easter Conference semi-final.