Tonight the Magic head to New Orleans looking to bounce back after a disappointing performance in their last game. The Pelicans will provide another tough test.
The Orlando Magic
- Orlando have a 25-36 record and sit 13th in the Eastern Conference.
- Orlando score 110.8 points per game (28th of 30) and concede 113.7 points per game (16th of 30).
- The Magic are 17th in the NBA for pace.
- Last time out the Magic suffered a disappointing defeat on homecourt to the Indiana Pacers by 121-108.
- The Magic have won 5 of the last 10 games.
- Road form is disappointing, with only 10 wins in 30 games played.
The New Orleans Pelicans
- The Pelicans have a 30-31 record and currently sit 10th in the Western Conference.
- A Pels win would see them snap a three game losing streak.
- At home New Orleans have been solid, winning 20 of 30 games played.
- New Orleans score 114.7 points per game (15th of 30th) and concede 113.8 points per game (13th of 30).
- Last time out New Orleans lost on the road 106-128 to the New York Knicks.
Squad And Injury News
- Orlando are without Jonathan Isaac’s who has a hamstring injury.
- Michael Carter-Williams has been re-signed by Orlando. He takes the final roster spot on a two year deal.
- For Orlando Goga Bitadze made his debut for Orlando against the Pacers.
- New Orleans are without star forward Zion Williamson and two-way forward EJ Liddell
What To Expect As The Magic Head To New Orleans
- Jonas Valanciunas is 7th in the NBA for total rebounds, having taken down 415 defensive and 172 offensive boards.
- CJ McCollum has sunk 152 three point shots this season. He is averaging 21 points per game.
- Williamson is a huge loss for the Pelicans scoring, leading the team with 26 points per game. Brandon Ingram will aim to improve on his 22.8 points per game.
- The Pelicans are second in the league for steals. They look to attack the paint and are top 10 in both free throws made and attempted.
- Paolo Banchero continues to lead the Magic scorers with 19.7 points per game, followed by Franz Wagner with 19.
- Markelle Fultz continued his scoring tear for the Magic and will again be key to the Orlando offence creating scoring opportunities.
Head-To-Head As The Magic Head To New Orleans
- The head-to-head record across all the various franchise titles of the now New Orleans Pelicans sees the Magic leading 24-20 in the 44 regular season games played. Against the New Orleans Pelicans the Magic lead 13-6.
- The teams met in January in the Amway Center winning 110-123. Franz Wagner led the Magic with 30 points and 9 assists.
- The past two seasons have been split with each team winning on the road.
- The Magic have won 5 straight in New Orleans.
- The teams have never met in the playoffs.